Friday, October 31, 2008

First time for everything


So today, I got a chance to go out and vote. I'm mad I waited the last day to vote but I did get there extra early. What I thought was getting there 1st was actually like the 40th person in line. Still not bad. I got there at 6:15am. I was standing at the door alone. Then 2 ladies came up behind me. Then some other people. I was like, "Yay! I'm first." Then this guy came down and let us in out of the cold. When we went up the stairs, there was a line of people already waiting. The doors didn't officially open til 8:30, so we had a time to wait. I guess I didn't mind but my feet started hurting after a while. I spoke to 5 women who were close to me in line. It made the time go by fast, thank God. There was a lady in a pink pleather outfit looking like she came from the 80's. She was one of the people running the place but she came drunk. Why would anyone let her still work? After it turned 8:20am, they let us in the room where we could go to the machines. There wasn't many people getting upset or cranky, though there was this guy who got upset with these ladies who got in front of some other people-yet he was waaaaaaaay down the line. That's about it though. After I voted, I felt really good. It was an experience. Being that I was too young to vote last election (darn late birthdays). I'm happy I got to vote. I hope it counts. And I really hope that there isn't going to be any problems with the ballots. I heard about the reports on that and votes being stolen. Tisk Tisk...*sigh*

GO VOTE!!

No comments: