Saturday, March 21, 2009

You're turning me off...


For a while now, I knew about Keri Hilson. Wasn't til earlier this year that I really started hearing about her. She's a talented writer, an interesting singer and (I guess) her style is ok. But why hasn't she made it big yet? I mean, isn't she really catching on? She seems to be doing everything right, right? Wrong! And that's my post is about today. Why Keri Hilson haven't blew up yet-My version.
1)Her voice isn't commercial enough. It's commerical...maybe a little too commerical but there's just something about the way she sings that hasn't quite picked up with the in-crowd.
2)Her style. You ever seen her album cover? (what's that you say? you didn't know she had one out? damn, damn, DAMN!!-florida from GoodTimes) Anyway, about that album. Well, first of all, what is she doing?! She's sitting in the middle of an ocean? puddle perhaps? I don't know. She's sitting in her grandmother's living room arm chair. Hmmm... There's a odd color sunset behind her. Her hair is...well, the way she usually rocks it. And those clothes! Ugh...leopard skin print tights under some kind of tunic shirt/dress thing. And the whole color of the album period...disaster. Way too much is going on in that album cover...*Shaking my head in slow motion*
And last but not least....*drum roll*
3) she's Keri Hilson. There's nothing wrong with her. She actually does have talent but you notice that all these behind the scenes people are jumping out of the woodwork? Everyone is trying to make an album. Be the next, I don't know, Ne-yo. All these song writers are good writers and I'm sure they can sing their butt off because after all, when you write a song for someone in a pacific way you want it to go, you have to sing it to them. BUT, that does not mean you should take your career on the road which you probably make more money writing than you do trying to be an entertainer. That' s just my opinion though.
Now, before anyone gets all offended and defensive...I have no problem with her. She's cool. She's talented. I think she should just stop with the solo thing...that's all. Keep writing and appearing in videos.
Til Next Time....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually her album didn't come out until TODAY. So you jumped the gun with this post!

Damn, Damn, Damn!

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with her look?

What is wrong with her album cover?

Do I sense hate?

MyImmortal2256 said...

Dude, people chill the fuck out! There's no need to get the string of your thong permanently stuck up your ass. She has the right to her own opinions, so deal with it. She never said she completely hated Keri Hilson she just stated what she didn't necessarily like about her or what she didn't get. It's not like she's denying the fact that Keri's got talent. If you had read her blog clearly, you dumb fucks would have caught that. If you don't agree with what she says in her blogs then why do you waste your time replying. Do you not realize that you will NEVER get that time back. Time is precious, use it wisely! But I guess if you take in to consideration how stupid and pathetic y'all are it's easy to see how y'all can get so uptight about her differences in opinions and how y'all misread everything she post. But anyway, give the girl a break! It's her blog and her thoughts. If you dont like it, then you know how to get off of her page. It's the box with the X at the top right corner of the page.

Jayivey said...

@Ester Rolle
What does her album coming out the 24th have to do with my opinion on why she hasn't catched on?

@King Jerm
I don't know about the look. I guess I'm not feeling her hair. I don't know. She's cool though.
Album cover has too much going on like the old Hot Boys albums.
And NO, I'm not hating. READ, JERM!!

@MyImmortal2256
Thanks for standing up for me. For some reason, I hardly ever get people that actually read it right or look at it as my opinion. They usually just jump the gun when I say anything close to negative about something that maybe they like. I don't see none of these people who got such a problem with my opinions going out supporting the people I'm talking about or anything of that sort. Just talk I guess. I don't know. And maybe they like wasting time reading my blogs. lol.

King Jerm said...

@MyImmortal

STFU

@ JayIvey

You know how we do.

Saule Wright said...

I listened to the album because folks have been all over the net talking about how good it is. It's an ok album, but it's not as fantastic as folks made me think it was.

Pimpin' Pink said...

THAT ALBUM COVERS IS BAD BUT SHE CAN STILL GET THE D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Jerm said...

she moved almost 100K!

How ya like them apples?

Jayivey said...

King Jerm,
BITE ME!! Why are you so down with this anyway? I thought you didn't like Ms.Keri??? Hmmm?

Jayivey said...

And I thought Brandy told you, Almost doesn't count!!!!

King Jerm said...

For the record...I LIKE HER LOOKS, so that means that I have to ride with her. Her album is pretty good, not that I'm an R&B person or anything. Seems to me like you are coming off a little "bitter" or haterish.

I'm saying

Jayivey said...

For some reason, she seemed to skinny for your likings...to me.
but I could be wrong.
I'm not hating tho. That video of that guy you put up in the forums, that's HATING.