Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rigged show?


I went to the Campus Movie Fest thing the other night. It was interesting. First of all, I like to say and make some comparisons from last year.
*Small room they shown movie in
*Smaller screen projected movie on
*Judges, still corny as heck
*Prizes...REALLY CORNY
*Winners...they deserved it. As for top 16...not so much.
*Actual films shown: 3 were good. 2 were bad. 1 was weird. 5 were just plain sad and can't remember the rest.
* Little short movies they put in between showings: had an "MTV" feel to it.
All around, good show. Now, this is why I think it was rigged!
#1: One of the people who won was also the host, also in the group who won, and also made our "new" mascot for our school. (this girl is really cocky. she was bragging to everyone about it.)
#2: The judges pic some of the worst films. Maybe it was just my opinion...or the people I asked afterwards what they thought. Hmmm... Not to mention most of the films that won were sad and depressing...mostly interviews with local homeless people. *sigh*
#3: They had only 3 categories. Best Comedy. Best Drama and Best Picture. Most of the top 16 were Drama or sad documentaries.
After all this, I know you have already guess...yes, that's right. My team didn't win....NOTHING. We were shown as a highlight, a few times. But no one actually saw the whole thing itself... well, we tried and we gave it a good shot. I'm still proud of everyone who helped and worked hard. It was a good experience. Maybe I'll work harder if I ever get another chance.
Til next time.

5 comments:

WES!! said...

was #1 one cute? o.O



what was you guys' film about?

Anonymous said...

http://i26.tinypic.com/v65k61.jpg

Jayivey said...

@Wes
She was ok... She looked like Adele. That singer.

@wackaronld
Screw you!

Ashley said...

Well Jay, I know that you were really hoping to win, but even though you didn't ur still a winner to me. Im sure you and your team did an amazing job, and im sure that the final product was fabulous! Id love to see it at some point!

Jayivey said...

Thanks Ashley! That's sweet of you! I will be sure to show it to you when I come back to Athens...as soon as I can get a break from work and school! I'm at school right now, speaking of that. lol :)