Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Grammy 2009


Ok, I know I'm a little late on this (two days to be exact...) but I wanted to put my two cents in about the grammys. First of all, BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!! Yeah, last year sucked in my eyes. A lot better this time...guess they were trying to reach to the younger audience. Good job, I guess. One thing I was kinda mad about was they didn't show or say anything about the awards that some of these people won...they just kinda let it keep going with the show. And they had a lot of people perform twice. Which was ok...but you know...recycled performers or running out of money to pay? Hmmm....
Anyway, I liked most of the performances. Jennifer Hudson was a little off and shakey, but I don't blame her. She looked nice. She been through a lot.
I think Katy Perry was cool. The concept with all the women dancing with her dressed like men...clever. She doesn't sound good live though.
Hannah Montana has a wrecking voice to me and I really don't see what's the fuss. I ain't hating...well, I'm trying not to.
Taylor Swift, eh.
Swagger like us featuring M.I.A...That was one of the best performances! I really enjoyed it. I also like Lil' Wayne and Robin Thicke's performance...maybe because I like that song too , though. lol. Didn't really expect that.
Everyone did good...even Jonas Brothers and Stevie Wonder.
What was the deal with that Robert Plant guy?! He WON EVERYTHING!!!!!
Well, Anyway. That's all I have to say. I'm through.
Til Next time!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yea, I have to agree with you on the Robert Plant guy. I didn't see what the big deal with him was. I was really happy though when Adele won her award(s). Justin and Al Green's performance was really good, atleast I thought it was. Especially for it being put together spur of the moment. Ya know with the Chris Brown/Rihanna scandal going on. I didn't really enjoy the Swagger Like us performance. It was ok, but defenitely not my favorite. Mainly during that performance I was thinking "What the hell is MIA thinking, with that ugly ass outfit." But ur right, Steve and the jonas brothers did do a great job. I also liked it when colplay won their awards. All in all I thought this years grammy's went pretty well.

Jayivey said...

Yea, MIA's outfit was nuts. I was wondering that too. She looked like she was going to bust! But I kinda admire her for getting up and performing with a HUGE bump like that!! lol I really enjoyed the grammys! Thanks for your comments, ashley!! :) Thanks for stoppin by!! :)