Saturday, November 13, 2010

Some days are stranger than others...

Yesterday was Friday! And thank God for it! But it wasn't like most Fridays for me...actually, NO Friday is like other Fridays for me. Hmmm....
It started out ok. I woke up at 10:30am (damn that's early) and I went home to get in a shower. When I got to the apartment, my stuff was neatly pushed to a corner and my pots and pans were laid out on the corner. (Am I being put out?) My air mattress was against the wall. Whatever. My roomie was in the bathroom taking one of his famous long ass showers. *ugh* After he got out, I went in- after spraying down the tub with lots of Lysol. After all that, I went by my job because it was Pay Day and I've been waiting! I went inside my job and immediately was asked to drop some stuff off to people's tables and basically working off the clock. Wth? Hmm... It was ok though. I didn't mind. So, I got my check and reluctant to see how much I made, I looked at it and BOY was I disappointed. *sigh, story of my life* I had about an hour and a half till I had to be at work and on the clock. So, I went to the ATM to put my check in and send my mom some money. I went to the bank and stood in line for 30 minutes. When I got up to the window and the lady told me I had to have cash or a check on me to deposit money in another account and since I wasn't with the bank, I couldn't debit out of my account. FFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!! >:( So anyway, I walked to Chick-fil-a and got something to eat because frankly, I'm tired of Mexican food. No offense. I stood there waiting for my food and a old lady approaches me and ask me am I with this other lady and little boy. I don't know why she asked me that. Strange. I told her no and she got embarrassed. After I left, I was heading to work and an homeless guy on a bench got up to greet me. He said "Hey!! Remember me?!" I told him no, as I sat there looking at him like he was crazy- which he probably was. He told me everyone knows him. He's homeless man Mike of Buckhead. (Sure, dude.) And that Tyler Perry was working on a film and a book for him about his life. I was like, "Dude, we all have a story". He said his was different. (oh really?) Supposedly he was from Africa somewhere, had a few degrees, been here since 1998....whoa whoa whoa, buddy! You've been homeless in Buckhead since 1998?! He said No, it's a long story, I'll have to read the damn book. *gah* After more B.S. he told me had a cell phone and some beer over at his bench and he needed a woman in his life. Yes, the damn man ask me to be his girl. Wtf?! And he asked to kiss me. Then it just got weird(er). So......... my mom called. (Thank God!) As I walked away, he yelled "I love you and you're always on my mind. I'll be here when you get off". Um...no thanks, dude.
I walked into work and begin my day. Work was ok...got busy then slow. They cut me around 9-ish? A couple came in and sat in one of the booths. Dude dropped his keys down between the wall and the seat. Who had to get it? Who else had small enough hands? Your's truly. My manager had came out and was about to yell at me for laying in the booths with my feet sticking out in the aisle until they told him what I was doing. I got it out and they said I rock. (Rock on!)
Work was over, finally. lol And I went to my 2nd home, Starbucks. (which is where I'm at now. Wifi!!) I notice an very old white man with a cane who kept staring at me..or at least I thought he was. His eyes were kinda closed-ish? Well, he came over to my table where I was set up and sat down with me and started talking to me. He told me about this Arab taxi driver who gives him free rides because he voted for Obama. And asking did I know how to type. Then he told me about the KKK clan meeting he went to. They put a K on his cheek. He told me if I see a man with a white cap and a K on his cheek, they are with the KKK. (And it just got real!) For some reason, he was still talking to me. Wow. Then his cab came and he left. *Awkward*
Since I had nothing to do with myself that night, I went back up to my job to see what my friends were up to. Then this nerd guy from middle school text me saying he was going to come to my job because he knew I was working tonight. OMG! When he came in, everyone's jaw dropped at his geeky-ness. I was just embarrassed he said Hi. One guy couldn't hold his composer anymore. He just got up and walked away and didn't come back. (wish I could do the same) I tried to tell dude that I wasn't any good for him and I would cheat on him and I'm not worth it. He didn't believe me. So, I sat him down and told him straight up. Look dude, we can't be. I didn't want to break his heart, but I can't see myself with him. It's just too....awkward.... :-/ Does that make me a douche? After butchering his pumping artery, I went home and surfed the web and dozed off.
There has been more stranger days...but this one was more on the awkward side. HA! Should of named this post, Awkward..ness. haha! Anyway....I'm going to go now... A wise and handsome son of a gun told me that I need a plan. And that I shall do. I have to figure out my next move.

Till next time...and there will be pictures!!

"Sometimes doing what's right doesn't always feel so good"

No comments: