Monday, April 20, 2009

The Mary Kay Cult


Wow wow wow...once again, it's been a min since I really wrote. I'm sorry. Just haven't had a lot of time...or made the time at least. Shame on me. It's for good reasons though. You know the usual, school and work and maintaining life in general. How are you feeling? I'm decent. There's always room for improvement...as I usually say. Well, let's see. Where can I go with this?
I had an interesting week. Earlier last week, I was "invited" to an special event to get a free makeover or something. Turned out it was about them trying to get us to sale Mary Kay products. They really get you hype and what not. Only problem I had was, I'm a terrible salesman. And I'm not just downing myself. For some reason, every job I've gotten (except two) was in retail...saling things. And it NEVER worked for me. But I needed money, so I stayed.
Anyway, this lady showed us how to apply a simple natural look (lip gloss, lotion and stuff) and how good the product feels on your skin. That was about 30 mins. I was heading home thinking I was dropping by and ended up staying there for 3 hours. I was really reluctant and ready to go. There was a girl sitting next to me and she was very excited about getting into the business. You know the whole deal, after all, Mary Kay has been around since your grandmother was young. They told us about how your first check is $8,000 dollars and driving pink cadallics and what not. Nice...if you can do it. They said it sounds like a pyramid scheme but it's not. It's totally legal. I guess...I mean, I'm still not to high about jumping on the bandwagon. I'll wait for the bus. Well, to end all that, I came home to a "I told you so" and a kiss on the forehead. (previously my bf told me that this Mary kay sales lady was going to try to get me to join. SOOOO!)
I don't think I'm cut out for it so I don't think I'm going to do it. But if I had to....really had to and really needed money....
I'll be a bartender.
Til Next Time...

No comments: